Foot & Ankle Surgeries
Our legs are among the most active body parts, and injuries to the foot and ankle occur frequently. The ankle helps to balance our body. Ankle disorders can be causedany damaged muscles, bones, tissues, etc.
Some of the Ankle and foot disorders and its symptoms
- Sprains- Pain, swelling, inability to put weight on the ankle
- Fractures- Pain, swelling
- Tendonitis- Pain, stiffness, tenderness
- Arthritis- Pain, tiredness, weight loss, mild fever
- Advanced arterial ischemia- Cold and red feet.
To deal with the foot and ankle disorders some of the common foot and ankle surgeries are
- Bunions Removal is asurgical procedure that is performed to correct the deformed areas of the foot near the big toe. It is sometimes called as bunionectomy or hallux valgus correction. Bunions are bony lumps that are developed on the side of thefoot and at the base of big toe. Which results in the big toe joint to bend towards the other toes and thus becoming deformed.
- Hammertoe Surgery is adeformity which causes a toe to bend upward in the middle, resembling a hammer. Hammertoe surgery is of two types, Arthroplasty, which removes the deformed joint between the toe bones and Arthrodesis, fusing toe bones or phalanges together.
- Ankle fusion is a surgical procedure involving removal of damaged ankle joint and fusing the talus bone to thetibia to form a stiff but pain-free ankle. It is performed todeal with ankle arthritis.
- Ankle replacement is another surgical procedure dealing with ankle arthritis; it involves removing the worn-out ends of tibia and talus bones and replacing them with artificial ends made of plastic or metals.
- AchillesTendinitis Surgery is performed to deal with the Achilles tendon disorder. The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in our body and helps in our movement. The Achilles tendon disorder can be caused by tendonitis or ruptures.
Mrs. Achla Bansal
Mrs. Koushal Devi
Mr Uinga Paelate
Dr. Suman Srivastav
Mr. Mataio Uale O Brien
Mr. Vinod Kumar Gambhir
Hip Replacement Surgery in India
Dr. Pradeep Bhosle and Team Nanavati
Ms. Pouline, Kenya
Ms. Ayesha Mbarak