In biology, ‘Endometrium’ is defined as a mucous membrane lining the womb, which thickens during the menstrual cycle readying for possible implantation of an embryo. One of the most common and lethal diseases related to this is Endometrial cancer.
About Endometrial Cancer
Endometrial cancer is a form of cancer that originates from the uterus. More specifically it starts from the endometrium—an inner lining of the womb.
Type & Grades Of Endometrail Cancer
- Grade 1 : A low-grade form of Endometrial cancer. The cells resemble normal endometrial cells.
- Grade 2 : This is the middle-grade form of Endometrial cancer which includes significant growth and development of cancerous cells.
- Grade 3 : In this grade of endometrial cancer the cells look very abnormal and are said to be poorly differentiated. The cancer cells tend to develop and multiply very quickly and are really aggressive in nature.
- Increased exposure to estrogen.
- Changes in the level of hormones in a female’s body.
- More years of menstruation.
- When someone never been pregnant before.
- Older age. Women of older age tend to affect it more.
- Hormone therapy for breast cancer.
Signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- Vaginal bleeding even after menopause.
- Bleeding that occurs in between periods.
- An abnormal, watery or blood-tinged discharge from your vagina.
- Pain in Pelvic region.
To Confirm The Diagnosis - It needs furthermore following tests to confirm the diagnosis
- Ultrasound Scan Of Your Uterus - This is one of the fastest forms of diagnosis for endometrial cancer. It is a safe and painless procedure; that uses sound waves to create images of organs and structures related to organs inside your body.
- Hysteroscopy - In this procedure, the doctor uses a thin telescope which is then passed through the neck of your womb to Uterus. He can easily view the lining of one’s uterus and can take samples of any abnormal looking areas.
Mr. Saroj Prasad Choudhary
Ms. Sarika Rana
Mr Deepak Gupta
Nancy Chepkoech Rono
Ms. Stieff Kierulf