Dr. Manav Wadhawan Director
- Institute for Digestive & Liver Diseases
Institute for Digestive & Liver Diseases
- MD (Internal Medicine)
- DM (Gastroenterology)
- Dr. Manav Wadhawan has been trained in Transplant Hepatology at Montreal, Canada in 2005. He has been instrumental in establishing a very successful Transplant program in Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals. Dr. Manav Wadhawan has a very impressive record in research & publications. He has been a pioneer in evolution of HBIg free regimens in HBV related liver transplants. He also has to his credit numerous high impact publications on post transplant ERCPs. He has innovated multiple techniques to negotiate difficult biliary strictures in this setting. He has more than 50 publications in indexed journals, including 5 book chapters.
- Presently working as a Director in Institute for Digestive & Liver Diseases at BLK Super Speciality Hospitals, New Delhi
- Previous Experience:
- Fortis Escorts Hospitals, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- GB Pant Hospitals, Delhi
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospitals (SGRH), Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi
- Hepatology including Transplant Hepatology, Complicated Difficult ERCPs
- Dr Manav Wadhawan has received several awards, notable being: Young Investigator Award by International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS) in 2013, Plenary Oral presentation award by Indian Society of Gastroenterology in 2012, Plenary Oral presentation award by Asia Pacific Society for Study of Liver (APASL) in 2011 & 2004, Plenary Oral presentation award by International Association of Study of Liver (IASL) in 2004. He has been invited for over 200 lectures at various national & international society meetings.